Thursday, January 20, 2011

Devotion - Dr. Charles Swindoll

"If you seek Me, you will truly find Me when you seek me with all your heart and soul." - Deuteronomy 4:29

"Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

He desires that you go to him, not run to the solutions the world gives. Tell him exactly how you feel.

It's going to take one breath at a time, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month to begin to heal, to have joy again. When nothing in this life looks good—God has not left you. There have been times in my life that I have had a choice to make, will I still have faith in this storm? Will I still have faith, when my heart is bleeding from the pain? Will I still have faith, when all looks dark, lonely, miserable, and hopeless. Will I still have faith? Will I believe the truths form God's Word or not? It's a daily choice.

God's Word truly is the healing for your heart and soul. It's all you can trust in, in this world of often make believe. When nothing in this life looks good, God reminds us, this life is not our home.